Massaging your face with a face roller has a ton of benefits for the skin. It may even reduce stress and release tension, just like a body massage would.
Here are some key benefits:
- Improves blood circulation in the face.Using a face roller can stimulate blood flow to the face, which can make your skin look brighter and feel firmer.
- Helps with stuffy sinuses. Some studies suggest that using this tool may relieve stuffy sinuses.
- Decreases puffiness. Rolling may also decrease puffiness by stimulating lymphatic drainage.
- Cools and soothes your skin. If you store your roller in the refrigerator it’ll cool the skin on contact. This can quickly de-puff your skin and tighten pores.
- Distributes skincare product. Rollers are typically used with an oil or moisturizer to help the tool glide across your skin. It’s said this process can deliver product deeper into your skin.
- Apply a serum, or moisturizer with lots of slip. If you don’t have lubrication, the tool can pull or tug the skin, which may actually contribute to wrinkles.
- Start at the neck and roll upward. For best results, roll up, not back and forth.
- Roll from the jawline to the ear on both sides using gentle pressure. You can continue this motion all the way from the jaw to the cheekbone.
- Roll from the forehead up toward the temples, only in the upward direction. It’s the same gentle pull that you would use if you were using your hands to pull the skin taut and wrinkle-free.
- Roll flat over your eyebrows horizontally, which may feel especially relieving if you have a headache.